3 March 2021, 9:30 – 17:00 h Central European Time.
WWEA and LEE NRW invite you cordially to the 5th International Community Wind Symposium and Community Power Forum 2021 taking place on 3 March. The symposium will take place as an online event, with the theme “Men and Women in Community Energy – Diversity or Simplicity”.
This year’s symposium focuses on international perspectives on the role of women in community energy. The focus of the discussion is an empirical study on the proportion of women in community energy projects, both at shareholder and management level. The results of the study to date support the assumption that women are not equally represented in community energy. However, there are also examples of community energy projects with equal or even greater participation by women. Experts will discuss the results of the study and talk about how this situation can be overcome.
Participation is free of charge. The conference languages will be English and German, with simultaneous interpretation.
09:30-10:00 Welcome & Introduction Begrüßung & Einführung
– Madeline Bode, LEE NRW
– Stefan Gsänger, WWEA
– Christiane Overkamp, Stiftung Umwelt & Entwicklung
– Rabia Ferroukhi, IRENA
10:00-12:15 The role of women in community energy Die Rolle von Frauen in der Bürgerenergie
Moderation: Molly Walsh
– Timo Karl, WWEA – Participation of women in German community energy
– Shota Furuya, ISEP – Participation of women in Japanese community energy
– Taryn Lane, Coalition for Community Energy – Participation of Women in Australian community energy
– Celia García-Baños López, IRENA – Study Results Renewable Energy: A Gender Perspective
– Gundula Hübner, Professor at University Halle-Wittenberg/ Medical School Hamburg – Local acceptance of Wind Energy: Does Gender matter?
12:15-14:00 Break Pause
14:00-15:30 What can community energy do to achieve gender-balance? Was kann Bürgerenergie tun um ein ausgewogenes Verhältnis zwischen den Geschlechtern zu erreichen?
Moderation: Krisztina André
– Barbara Rodi, Friedensfördernde Energiegenossenschaft Herdorf – Successful advancement of women in community energy
– Susanne Korhammer, Windfang (Tbc) – Windfang: A female cooperative network
– Andrea Kraj, CORE Renewable Energy Inc. – Three C’s:, Climate, Community, Capacity – Climate action through capacity building in community renewable energy by empowering women
– Pam Onyanyo, Sky Energy (Tbc) – Role of Women in energy access and community energy in Sub-Saharan Africa
15:30-17:00 What can governments, the media and other stakeholders do? Was können Politik, Medien und andere Stakeholder beitragen?
Panel Discussion – Moderation: Antonia Proka
– Nina Scheer, Deutscher Bundestag
– Katharina Habersbrunner, WECF
– Paula Abreu Marques, European Commission
– Wibke Brems, Landtag Nordrhein-Westfalen
– Claudia Bredemann, EnergieAgentur.NRW
– Christine Lins, GWNET (Tbc)
The symposium is part of the two years research project “Women for the energy transformation”.
WWEA and LEE NRW, in cooperation with Japan Community Power Forum.
Bündnis Bürgerenergie, Bundesverband Windenergie, Netzwerk Energiewende Jetzt, Genossenschaftsverband – Verband der Regionen, GWNET, ISEP, IZES, Landesnetzwerk BürgerEnergieGenossenschaften Rheinland-Pfalz and REN21.
Stiftung für Umwelt und Entwicklung NRW and Stiftung Internationale Begegnung der Sparkasse in Bonn
More information about the project: https://wwindea.org/women/
In case of questions regarding registration, please contact Martina Hinkova, WWEA Membership and Publications Officer: email@example.com
In case of questions regarding the project, please contact Timo Karl, WWEA Community Power Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org