Webinar: Why Community Power Matters in Times of Crisis – Industrialised Countries (recording available)
Why Community Power Matters in Times of Crisis – Industrialised Countries
30 April, 14:00 h to 16:30 h Central Europa Summer time
After a very successful first WWEA webinar on 16 April presenting major wind power markets around the world, we have now scheduled the second WWEA webinar: It will be held on 30 April presenting latest developments of community power around the world, with a focus on industrialised countries: “Why Community Power Matters in Times of Crisis – Industrialised Countries”.
The webinar will present the status of community power in different parts of the world and will highlight the importance of community power for a rapid and complete switch to a renewable energy economy. Special consideration will be given to the socioeconomic challenges all countries are facing in light of the corona crisis. Experts will analyse and discuss why decentralised approaches such as community power have to be in the center of all long-term recovery programmes. Participation and inclusion will not only strengthen economies around the world but will also be key to address the climate crisis.
Community power experts form Australia, Japan, Denmark, Germany, Belgium/EU, Israel, the United Kingdom and more will present first hand information.
- Stefan Gsänger, WWEA: Introduction
- Monica Oliphant, ISES: Australia
- Maryke van Staden, ICLEI: The role of local governments
- Shota Furuya, Japan Community Power Association: Japan
- Gadi Hareli, Israel Wind Energy Association, and Lenny Kaplan, Kibutz Maale Gilboa: Israel
- Dirk Vansintjan, REScoop: Europe
- Katharina Habersbrunner, German Community Power Alliance BBE: Germany
- Dr. Josep Puig, Eurosolar Spain: Catalonia and Spain
- Leire Gorroño, Aalborg University: Denmark
- Patrick Devine-Wright, Exeter University: United Kingdom and Ireland
- Andrea Kraj: Canada
The recorded WWEA webinar “Wind Power around the World” can be watched: https://wwindea.org/blog/2020/04/08/webinar-wind-power-markets-around-the-world/