Achieving energy self-sufficiency with a small wind turbine #WWEAwebinar (recordings available)
Thursday, 28 May 2020 / 14:00 – 16:00 CET
As part of the #WWEAwebinars, WWEA is organising a series of webinars on small wind which will help you find the way to generate your own electricity and become energy self-sufficient. Modern small wind turbines used for electricity generation have been around for over 30 years in many regions of the world. Today, there are more than 1 million units installed worldwide with a total capacity of more than 1,3 GW.
In this webinar, you will be able to meet and interact with industry leaders, small wind practitioners and experts from different countries. You will learn about best practices, how to choose a small wind turbine and what you need to know about siting and installation, the evolution of the technology, combining small wind and solar PV, off-grid operation and more.
– Peter Rae AO, WWEA: Welcome
– Morten V. Petersen, WWEA: Welcome
– Patrick Juttermann, klein-windkraftanlagen.com: Most common mistakes with small wind turbines
– Sven Ruin, Teroc SE: How to choose the right small wind turbine
– Mike Bergey, Bergey Windpower: Generating electricity at a lower cost: New Excel 15kW turbine
– Juande Bornay, Bornay: Hybrid Solutions, Small Wind + Solar
– Pia Jakobsen, Viking Wind: Viking VS, Robust Danish Wind Turbine Design
– Jean Pitteloud, WWEA: All about the small wind platform