Webinar: Education and training for wind power and renewable energy
Monday, 28 September 2020, 12:00-15:00 h Central European Summer Time.
In collaboration with UNIDO, African Platform for Community Power and Rural Electrification, Chinese Wind Energy Association, International Renewable Energy Academy/York University, Danish Folkecenter
Sustainable solutions and energy challenges, whether at the global, regional or country level, will require an increased share of renewable energy in the global energy mix. And renewable energy basically substitutes fossil resources with human capacities and labour. This calls for effective international cooperation in related capacity building and sharing of best practices. It constitutes a foundation for a sustainable use and management of the various renewable energy technologies as well as their adaptation to local contexts and needs.
The webinar will present the current situation in an exemplary manner and discuss requirements and needs for the future expansion of the renewable energy sector. Experts from universities, international organisations, industry, training institutes, associations and beyond will talk about how to improve international coordination and how to create the international momentum for a stronger focus on training and education.
– Dr. Osman Benchikh – Building Capacities and knowledge base: Challenges and Perspectives
– Dr. Rana Pratap Singh, UNIDO – Coordinating international capacity building for industrial development – focus on Renewable Energy Deployment
– He Shiyong, Goldwind – Wind Industry Talent Development – A case study by Goldwind Science & Technology
– Prof. Dr. Liu Yongqian, North China Electric Power University – Development of Wind Energy Engineering Education in China
– Yu Hui, GWO China committee – GWO Safety Training in Wind Energy
– Dr. Ibrahim Togola, MFC Mali – Creating capacities for renewable energy in Africa
– Prof. Dr. Jose Etcheverry, International Renewable Energy Academy/York University – Training and education as key part of a renewable energy growth strategy in the Americas
– Prof. Dr. Galal Osman/TU-Berlin Campus El Gouna – Education in Egypt – international collaboration
– Jane Kruse, Tonny Brink, Daniele Pagani, Nordic Folkecenter – 40 years international capacity building from Denmark – lessons learned
– Prof. Dr. Zeeshan Alam Nayyar, University of Karachi – Creating the human capacities in a new market