Thursday, 2 July 2020, 11:00-13:00 h Central European Summer Time.
A key condition to reach a high wind power penetration and ultimately a 100% renewable energy power supply is the integration of wind power into the energy systems, in connection with other renewable energy sources. Accordingly, the #WWEAwebinar on Grid Integration of Wind Power will discuss the main characteristics, challenges, solutions and concrete applications of successful wind power integration.
As indicated in the complete title “Grid integration: System balancing, backup and storage, interconnections, demand and supply forecasting”, the webinar will present all aspects and approaches for wind power integration.
Top experts from Australia, China, Denmark, Germany and India will present the general conditions as well as the specific situation in their countries and long-term scenarios which reflect the need for deploying smart grid, storage and other solutions.
Agenda (CEST time):
– Jami Hossain, WWEA Technical Committee – The role of wind power in a 100% renewable energy world
– Prof. Siegfried Heier, Kassel University – General aspects and options to integrate wind farms into the electricity grid
– V.K.Agrawal, IRADe – Wind power integration in India – Past experiences, challenges and way forward
– Roland Rösch, IRENA – The future of energy: Integration and sector coupling as key tasks
– Xinyu Zhang, Shenzhen Quant-Cloud Energy Network Technology (MingYang Smart Energy) – China’s grid integration especially in intelligent microgrid and energy storage
– Cameron Potter, HydroTasmania – Australia: How hydropower can support renewables integration
– Tonny Brink Folkecenter Denmark – Decentralised energy systems as basis for successful wind power integration