Held in collaboration with The African Platform for Community Power and Rural Electrification, the Mali Folkecenter Nyetaa(MFC) and UNIDO.
The #WWEAwebinar Community power – partnerships for developing countries will take place on 24 June.It will bring together actors and (community) projects in the developing world with potential partners, also from industrialised countries.
Community representatives have been invited to present their planned initiatives projects, and potential partners will add their expectations and views. In addition, the webinar will discuss how to establish a platform that fosters investment partnerships, also potentially in collaboration with international organisations.
- Welcome by Hon. Peter Rae AO (WWEA), Dr. Ibrahim Togola (AfricaCoPREP/MFC), Rana Pratap Singh (UNIDO)
- Johan Lewin, South Africa – 100% renewable energy communities in South Africa – just a dream?
- Ibrahim Togola, Mali – Upscaling rural electrification with renewable energy in Mali
- Jeffree Rugare, Zimbabwe – Community based renewables enterpreneurs in Zimbabwe
- Ulises Garcia, La Tortuga – A community wind project in Peru
- Héctor Pagani, Argentina – Community wind in Argentina
- Esteban van Dam, Argentina – Small wind energy for the development of rural communities in Patagonia
- Sergio Oceransky, Yansa – Community power in Mexico and Chile
- Alessandro Costa, Falck Renewables – Developers supporting community energy development
- Katharina Habersbrunner, WECF – Partnering in Ethiopia and Uganda
- Marilyn Heib, Bettervest – Bettervest – A crowdfunding platform
- Dr. Alex Zahnd, RIDS-Nepal – Holistic Community Development Concept
- Osman Benchikh – Training and education as key for community development and partnerships
- Kelly Tai, IRENA – IRENA Coalition for Action and Community Energy
- Rana Pratap Singh, UNIDO – UNIDO supporting local economic development
- Closing Remarks