#WWEAwebinar in collaboration with the Energy Watch Group:
Wind power and renewable energy policies: What is best to reach 100% renewables globally? Feed-in tariffs, auctions or other support schemes?
The webinar will be held in collaboration with the Energy Watch Group and will discuss which policies are effective and efficient in order to achieve the urgently needed, rapid switch towards renewable energy. Experts will present experience with different regulatory support schemes from the regional, national and global perspective, in particular taking into account the importance of maximising benefits and participation for as many as possible.
Hans-Josef Fell, President of the Energy Watch Group, former German MP and co-author of the German renewable energy law, will launch his new proposal for a new support scheme for integrated renewable energy systems.
Dörte Fouquet from the European Renewable Energies Federation EREF will present on European renewable energy frameworks – between Green New Deal and energy communities – and the Austrian wind energy association will talk about national support schemes and how they can help to create a resilient domestic renewable energy industry.
Martin Jaksch-Fliegenschnee from the Austrian Wind Energy Association IG Windkraft will talk about how important national support schemes are for a resilient domestic wind power sector.
From Canada, Tim Weis (University of Alberta) will present the Canadian perspective, including how to enhance renewable energy in remote areas.
For WWEA, President Peter Rae and Secretary General Stefan Gsänger will introduce the topic and guide through the webinar.
- 12:00 – Hon. Peter Rae AO, WWEA & Hans-Josef Fell, EWG: Welcome
- 12:05 – Stefan Gsänger, WWEA: Experience with auctions and other support schemes
- 12:15 – Dörte Fouquet, EREF: European renewable energy frameworks – between Green New Deal and energy communities
- 12:30 – Martin Fliegenschnee-Jaksch , Austrian Wind Energy Association IG Windkraft: National support schemes for a resilient domestic wind power sector
- 12:45 – Jami Hossain, WWEA & R. Kannan, OGPL: Experience with auctions in India
- 13:15 – Hans-Josef Fell, Energy Watch Group: New policies for 100% renewable energy systems
- 13:00 – Tim Weis, University of Alberta: Choosing the right tools for maximising renewables impact and benefits: A Canadian perspective
Change presentations on the upper right corner
16 April: “Wind Power Markets Around the World”:
30 April: “Why Community Power Matters in Times of Crisis: Community Power in Industrialised countries”:
#WWEAwebinars sponsorship options
WWEA wants to offer the WWEAwebinars to internationally active companies so that it allows them to remain visible also in times of crisis and to stay connected with colleagues and clients from around the globe. For that purpose, WWEA has developed a range of sponsorship options in order to use the #WWEAwebinars for networking also when there are no trade fairs, conferences and other events: