Wednesday, 19 May 2021, 12:00-14:00 h Central European Time.
Wind Power Permitting: Paving the Way for a 100% Renewable Energy Future
In response to climate change, governments, citizens and businesses around the world are now focussing on converting energy supply to renewable energy. Wind power plays a key role in this transformation. In order to be able to build wind farms, however, investors have to go through lengthy and often challenging approval processes. Environmental and other standards must be guaranteed in order to maximise environmental and social sustainability.
What are the main challenges in the approval of wind power? WWEA is launching a series of webinars that cover various aspects of permission processes.
The first #WWEAwebinar Wind Power Permitting will present general aspects and challenges, starting with a general overview and introducing the perspectives of different markets as well as the view of a wind power investor operating in different countries.
Accordingly, the webinar will present the latest trends in market digitalisation and will discuss actual and potential solutions. A special focus will be on how wind and other renewable sources can be integrated and how cross-sector coupling can look like.
– Gadi Hareli, Israeli Wind Energy Association – Permitting wind farms: An Overview
– Davide Astiaso Garcia, Italian Wind Energy Association ANEV – Italy, a country in permission lockdown?
– Fabrizio Tortora, Falck Renewables – Dealing with different regulatory frameworks: What and where are the main challenges?
– Galina Shmidt, Ukrainian Wind Energy Association UWEA – The challenges in adopting EU environmental standards
– (tbc) Carlo Reeker, German Wind Energy Association BWE – Social aspects in permission processes